Rumanoff’s Jewelry is a family-owned and operated business in the truest sense. Way before the business’ infancy, Jack Silver served the New Haven area of Connecticut with jewelry and other wholesale novelty items by pushing his cart store to store. This soon developed into a full line wholesale jewelry and gift supply company based out of College Street in New Haven, CT, thus establishing the J. A. Silver Co. Having founded this business in 1938, Jack Silver employed his nephew, Eli Rumanoff, who helped to expand J. A. Silver Co. alongside Jack’s son and son-in-law, all three whom eventually earned ownership. As the company grew into the largest distributorship of wholesale jewelry and giftware in the entire Northeast, Michael Rumanoff entered the business in 1975 and Steven Rumanoff in 1988. In the early 1990s, the jewelry business as they knew it had changed, but the principles upon which they operated – integrity, honesty and dependability – had not. Reinventing the business did not come without challenges, but their vision to transition to a retail venture would be the sole reason Rumanoff’s as we know it is here today. Eli, Mike and Steve worked together until the passing of Eli Rumanoff in 1998, when J. A. Silver was renamed in his honor shortly thereafter. Since then, Douglas Rumanoff entered the business in 2003 and Leslie Rumanoff (now Leslie DeStefano) joined full time in 2009, becoming the 4th generation of this family business. Today, Rumanoff's Jewelry continues to evolve and stay fresh with all the latest in jewelry trends, while staying true to the business' roots and the principles on which it was founded.